Omnichannel – what does it depend on? In order to offer customers an optimal shopping experience, the following four fields of action of the omnichannel must be considered.
THE FOUR FIELDS OF ACTION FOR OMNICHANNEL
CUSTOMER NEED – KNOW WHAT THE CUSTOMERS WANT (CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT, PREDICTIVE CUSTOMER ANALYTICS)
- CRM System with 360° vision on the customer
- Marketing Analytics
- Data Management Platform (DMP)
- WiFi & Sensors
STOCK – KNOW IN WHAT STATE THE COMPANY IS (REAL TIME PORTFOLIO)
- Clean updating and transparence
- RFID is not required, but it does massively elevate the exactness of the portfolio guide
OFFERING – PRESENT WHAT THE COMPANY HAS TO OFFER
- B2C: Store, eCommerce, Call Center
- B2B: Sales Manager, eCommerce, Call Center, EDI
- Product Information Management System
- Content Management System
- Digital Signage Management
- Marketing Ressource Management System
- Customer-App (Product info, digital customer card,…)
- In-store consulting App (360° vision of the business for the customer, support and consulting)
FULFILLMENT – DELIVER WHAT THE CUSTOMERS WANT (FULFILLMENT STRATEGY)
- Consistent shopping experience on all channels (online and branches)
- Consistent promotions (Online, Retail Store, Business Partner)
- Simple payments (POS, eCommerce, Mobile POS)
- Simple delivery (to home, Pickup Station, in store)
- Simple returns (by mail, pickup, Pickup station, in store)
- Order Management system with reservation option in the buying process and automatic control of deliveries out of central locations, stores or directly from the deliverer.
- Debit Management
Due to the high number of listed Systems you can guess the complexity involved. IT plays a decisive key role in this.
The customer expects Omnichannel Services today. So install it with the help of flexible methods today. The ripeness of this offer can reach over multiple release cycles. The following points are especially important:
- Integrated 360° Vision for the customer
- Clean disclosure of portfolio
- Customer -as well as in store – App
- Order Management System
Here you have recieved a short overview of the action points for the implementation of Omnichannel Services. And yes, it is for customers simple, but complicated in the back end. I would be happy to help with the conception and installation of Omnichannel Services. Contact me.
How does it look to you? Are you ready to begin the Omnichannel journey? Where do you see the biggest potential? I look forward to your suggestions.
The Future of Omni-Channel Retail: Emily Culp of Rebecca Minkoff
SAP Retail Omnichannel Commerce – Customer Wiki